MacPhail: Angelos didn't veto Bedard deal - per AM

Mark J

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we positive that Erik Bedard isn't our GM?

Asked if Angelos was responsible for nixing a deal, MacPhail responded, "No." He wouldn't elaborate further or provide details on why the talks appear to have hit a snag.

I just picture him hanging up or walking away after a comment like that :002_sbiggrin:

Are we positive that Erik Bedard isn't our GM?

I just picture him hanging up or walking away after a comment like that :002_sbiggrin:

For some reason, that reminded me of this...

KANSAS CITY — Royals general manager Dayton Moore did not deny that the Royals finished a very close second in their efforts to acquire two-time Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana on Tuesday.

“Come on,” Moore said. “You’re just being stupid now.”

Wether I believe him or not, the fact that we have had something of a circus all winter in regards to Bedard and Roberts is VINTAGE angelos... so that should tell us something, and it ain't good.

That is complete bull. AM just said that he didn't nix any deals and that they are on the same page.

Perhaps this is how MacPhail operates? Perhaps he really IS running the ship?

He drew the Weiters thing out until he very last possible second also.

People WANT Angelos to be the bad guy because they want someone to blame.

Here's a thought Andy, if you don't want people to keep asking you stupid questions, how about you come out of your shell, and pull the trigger on a deal already and give them something else to write about.

The longer you continue to plod along in your tortoise like ways, the more impatient and annoying the press is going to get...

Here's a thought Andy, if you don't want people to keep asking you stupid questions, how about you come out of your shell, and pull the trigger on a deal already and give them something else to write about.

The longer you continue to plod along in your tortoise like ways, the more impatient and annoying the press is going to get...

In no way shape or form should the press dictate what Mcphail does.

That is complete bull. AM just said that he didn't nix any deals and that they are on the same page.

Well said, James. Let's go and drink on that at Looney's.:D

So who would you blame for the past 10 years? Bad luck?

In no way shape or form should the press dictate what Mcphail does.

Well he should expect all the questions then because the longer he keeps from pulling the trigger, the more speculation runs rampant and people get impatient. Though I think most of us are at the point of apathy. I'm not quite there yet but I'm coming close...

A deal should not take this long as Billy Beane has illustrated. MacPhail has created his own mess and now he has to live with it. People want this done and over with.

Yeah. I totally expected him to say "Yeah, my Boss vetoed the deal, handcuffed my ability to do my job, and is just as bad as the media said." There's no way he'd say "No" if it wasn't the truth. I guess PA is a totally changed man. Case closed. :rolleyes:

Archived